93 intrepid starting problem

I just bought a 93 dodge intrepid for my daughter.I go out in the hot muggy day and have to turn the key 5 to 10 times and all I hear is click click then suddenly it will start. After I drive it or let it run for a while then it starts the first time.. Any Idea's??? I was thinking maybe starter because the battery seems ok but might need a new one..... any help will be appreciated

Reply to
tanextra

Assuming the battery and all connections to the battery are good, replce the starter, the contacts are worn out. It will get to the point when it will not start at all.

Glenn Beasley Chryselr Tech

Reply to
maxpower