94 Caravan 3.0 question

OK..I`ve found someone to replace the water pump and timing belt in our 1994 Dodge Caravan with the 3.0 engine for a price that makes it worth doing..BUT before going thru with it I wanted to hear froma reliable
source that it does indeed have a "non-interference" type engine and that there is little chance the valves were damaged when the timing belt broke..I know it`s still possible even with this type engine so here are the circumstances of what was going on when the belt broke.........The van was going no more than 20-25 mph on a side street and when the engine cut off it was coasted down a hill and safely off to the side..After that we cranked the engine for 3-4 seconds maybe a half dozen times as we tested various ignition components...We found nothing wrong with all the common ignition problems and determined the timing belt broke as the distributor wasn`t turning and the water pump had been leaking prior to that...So..What do you guys think?..If this vehicle does have a non-interference engine would I be fairly safe assuming there was no valve damage under those conditions?..Thanks in advance
It will be safe to replace the timing belt and the water pump, common fix on a 3.0, they are free spinning engines so it didnt hurt it the timing belt breaking. I've replaced at least three of those rubber bands.
Just courious, how much are they gonna charge ya?

He`s charging me $400 and that includes all parts and labor plus towing it over to his shop
OMG! A $45 dollar rubber band, a $55 dollar water pump, that leaves $300 hes taking u in labor for, Thats kinda high, but maybe not in your area.

Really?..I`ve been getting quotes of like $825 other places..I think shop labor around here runs $75-$85 an hour at smaller places
for my 3.5 the belt and idler pulley came in a "kit" (combined in the same box obviously and the idler needed replaced too) priced at $110.00. the water pump was $46.00.
your "mileage" may vary with a 3.0...........

300 dollar is ok for minimum 1 day works. I suggest you to have him change crankshaft seals when he open that part of the engine: i open the engine to put a new timing belt. later 1 year later i open again to put water pump, and now in the spring i will open the same thing to change crankshaft seal. It hurts.
3.5 litter if they are similar to 3.3, you donot need to mess with the other parts like alternator, power steering or comressor to remove the water pump. 3.0 is a good but kinda messy engine.