94 Caravan heater core

I`m replacing the heater core on my brothers 1994 Caravan (3.0 engine, AC) and have taken everything apart on the dash, in the engine compartment, etc..I`m now at the step where the manual says, "Disconnect the hanger strap from the heater/air conditioner assembly and bend it out of the way".....This is suppose to be the final step befor pulling the big black plastic assembly out.....My question is..What are they considering the "hanger strap"???..It seems as if the entire large plastic assembly is trapped behind a series of interlocking metal braces which the dash pieces screwed to...Is that entire bunch of metal braces the "hanger strap"....If so there`s no way to simply "bend it out of the way" it all seems like it needs to be removed..Thanks in advance

Reply to
Programbo

The hanger strap they are possibly referring to is the one just behind the glove box opening on front of the heater box assembly. It is help to the box by a 8mm screw. I believe it is the same bracket that the blower motor wires were stuck to.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

I'm doing the same in a friend's Caravan. How much of the dashboard do you need to remove to get the core assembly out of the car?

thanks,

. . shawn

Reply to
shelbydz