94 colt fix up

I got a 94 colt and it has 236k miles on it. I have a few questions about it such as its a manual and when I shift it rumbles deeply and shakes the car, also it is very loud, the muffler is new and under the engine where the exaust comes out (I think) is loose and rusted, so is that why it does that. also it runs quiet in 3rd gear until around

40mph, my saturn sl2 started to get loud at around 25 so does it just have longer gears? The car also comes with only 3 gauges, gas speed and temp. is there a way to add more like a tachometer, and the pointer on the spedometer is broken off(how I dont know). I wanted to put 15 inch rims on it I dont know if they would fit, if they dont I was thinking of raising it because I wanted to put a body kit on it too. I heard that mirages have the same body style as a colt. Would there be a problem If I got a bumper kit to an avenger because that would be my first choice. I could adjust the fit of it but is the frame too much different than the avenger? and it dosent have power steering, is there a kit to add power steering to it. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks
Reply to
bot_bane

The exhaust manifold is most likely broken. The bearings in the transmission are very commonly found to be bad.

A GT instrument panel should drop right in - find one at the wreckers.

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce