94 Dodge Spirit 3.0

I was wondering if anyone knows any websites that sell performance parts for this vehicle or engine, I'm looking for supercharger or turbo at least.

Reply to
Adam Frazier

You should have no trouble finding performance parts for a Mitsubishi 3.0L V6 as it was also used in the 3000GT and Stealth.

Reply to
Gyzmologist

But how much do they have in common? I asked once about the possibility of putting a 3000GT twin turbo engine in a caravan and was informed that the engine rotates the opposite direction. I'd be curious too...my 92 is set to roll over 181k, it could use some boost in power in its old age... :-)

In my short travels around the internet, I've seen lots done with the

4-cylinder Dodge turbo's, but nothing with the 3.0 v6. The ones I really love are the guys with the turbo minivans outrunning Camaro's, Corvette's and the like...

Wesley

Reply to
Wesley

that would be a site to see, mini van VS camaro....

My v6 only has 82k on it and its still got plenty of pep as it is I've outran the local showoffs at least once in their new camaros with the

2.8.... I just figured it would be neat to soup it up a little more, it would be odd having a sedan thats really fast to me especially this model of car.
Reply to
Adam Frazier

Here you go!

I take no responsibility for the hours you spend drooling over the fast minivan's... ;-) One of the guys somewhere in those pages once upon a time also had a Dodge Spirit they had hopped up and had it running similar times. There are a lot of similarities between the Caravan and the Spirit, so I would imagine what can be done to one could pretty easily be done to the other...

Wesley

Reply to
Wesley

I've had a few of the 2.5/2.2 turbo engines, I had a sundance, I never had so much trouble in my life, the engine lasted till it hit about 80k and the head gasket blew and the engine locked up

Reply to
Adam Frazier

All varieties of the 3.0L V6s have a lot in common. All of them turn in the same direction, differences in the transaxles would cause the engine to be reversed in the engine bay. What that probably means is you can't drop in a Mitsubishi transaxle.

The turbo V6 has four-bolt mains, while the rest have two-bolt mains. If you want to have a DOHC twin turbo, you will need to get a four-bolt block, then you're good for 450 HP or more.

Reply to
Gyzmologist