94 Dodge Spirit Electrical problem...computer?

Hey, I have a 94 dodge spirit that is basically all original and has 32,xxx miles on it. My grandmother had it until 13,xxx. It is my families "back-up" car of sorts...anyway.
The voltage gauge has been running lower and lower. I took the alternator and battery in to be checked and they both check out fine. All connections are clean and battery cables seem in fine shape. This car has seen a very easy life. It is a 2.5 with the A604 3 speed auto. I think the problem might be related to the voltage regulator in the computer, not telling the alternator to charge when it should. It is was esspecially bad when the blower/headlights/radio were on. Now, all of a sudden, the gauge shows barly any charge above the 8 volt mark. Car starts fine. Any ideas ? thanks, Blake