"94" Dodge Spirit. Shuddering at 75 - 85 KPH

We have a shuddering problem in our 1994 Dodge Spirit when we reach speeds of 75 to 85 kilometers per hour. On mechanic told us that it was a tire problem and to replace the tires and have them balanced. We did and there
was no change. This type of diagnosis (hit and miss guesswork)is so frustrating. I came across this website and after viewing it we thought we would give it a shot. Does this problem sound familier to any one?

"savana31" < snipped-for-privacy@mts.net> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com...
Rotating the tires front to rear would have helped a lot to find a bad tire. If it's a tire, you'd feel the difference in the location of the bad tire. A wheel and tire might balance beautifully but the tire could be slightly out of round.
It might also be a that a wheel hit a curb causing a slightly bent wheel or even a warped flange? They'd need to spin the wheel mounted on the car to look for slight wobbling.