94 Grand Caravan head replacement

I have a '94 Grand Voyager with the 3.3.

It has the broken lifter tower problem.

The van runs well, but sounds like a diesel. Of course, it has to be on the BACK side of the engine, below the intake plenum/runners. No, couldn't be in front...

So, I have read about a way to drill down the tower and helicoil it and bolt it back together, by since my mencahical skills are less than adequate, I'll be paying someone to do this. Seems to me, it would cost just as much in labor to replace the head.

Now, I believe they changed the head design in '94 or '95 ????

Will a newer head fit on this engine as a direct replacement? Can I go even newer?

Reply to
Hachiroku