94 Shadow

Well, Wednesday the wipers quit on her daily driver a 94 Shadow. I broke out the useless Chilton's and as always it only provide 1/2 of what you need to trouble shoot something. Well the wiper switch checked out but the pulse module was hosed I opened it up and the relay would not work. Went to the Dealer picked a new one up for $65.00 for a little POS circuit board. Installed it turned every thing on and nothing. I could hear the relay going off then on and used my VOM meter to check the put which was pulsing DC to the wiper motor. So I pulled the wiper motor opened up and found the windings corroded. Went to the local parts store cause the Dealer wanted $150.00 for one got a remanufactured one for $50.00 lifetime warranty. Installed the new motor and like magic all was well in my little world. While I had every thing out I greased all the joints and surfaces and replaced the o-rings under the washer at each wiper.

This is the first time I have had two unrelated things fail at once, no blown fuses just quit. I have to say one thing about the Shadow with over

150K on it original tranny no oil burning and runs like a top at 26 mpg I hope it goes on for another 13 years.

Coasty

Reply to
Coasty

George Jaynes