94 Shadow

Well, Wednesday the wipers quit on her daily driver a 94 Shadow. I broke out the useless Chilton's and as always it only provide 1/2 of what you need
to trouble shoot something. Well the wiper switch checked out but the pulse module was hosed I opened it up and the relay would not work. Went to the Dealer picked a new one up for $65.00 for a little POS circuit board. Installed it turned every thing on and nothing. I could hear the relay going off then on and used my VOM meter to check the put which was pulsing DC to the wiper motor. So I pulled the wiper motor opened up and found the windings corroded. Went to the local parts store cause the Dealer wanted $150.00 for one got a remanufactured one for $50.00 lifetime warranty. Installed the new motor and like magic all was well in my little world. While I had every thing out I greased all the joints and surfaces and replaced the o-rings under the washer at each wiper.
This is the first time I have had two unrelated things fail at once, no blown fuses just quit. I have to say one thing about the Shadow with over 150K on it original tranny no oil burning and runs like a top at 26 mpg I hope it goes on for another 13 years.
Coasty
My 91 was stolen, and recovered I'm rebuilding the tranny (auto) cause it was so much fun (and cheap) to drive. 2.5l Turbo w overdrive. "Coasty" <no spam uscg_ret at comcast dot net> wrote in message