95 Intrepid - Windshield Wiper Problem

Have a 1995 Dodge Intrepid with a windshield wiper problem? All the intermittent settings and the Low setting all work perfectly, but the High setting only works momentarily and pauses. Would it be more likely the switch or the motor at fault?

I am attempting to remove the switch so I can test it but the service manual I have is not very usefull. Does the steering wheel need to be removed in order to gain access to the control switch for the wipers or is their a simpler way to remove it?

Also if anyone could tell me breifly what the wiring to the motor means, I see a low wire, a high wire, of course a ground wire and a 4th wire called park sense (I assume this is when the wipers come completely to the rest position and the motor shuts off) As to the High and Low wires does the low control the low and all intermittent settings and the high for the high setting as a seperate power lead? Is their a way to determine if the motor is at fault by testing the low and high leads to the motor at the firewall connection without testing the internal steering column switch?

Thanks In Advance.

Reply to
George Layburn