95 Neon: Diffrent from 96-98

I was told by a mechanic that 95 neon's SOHC engine has a hole for venting which is different from other years neon. My 95 neon leaked oil suddently. When I checked, I found the air intake hose is disconnected. Could this be the reason of leaking oil? Is there any one who know whether this will cause the cylinder head gasket broken? I've reconnect the air intake hose and hopefully the oil will stop leaking.

Reply to
Leeinwind

Every one is entitled to there dreams, bnut yours wont come true, and the only vent hole that engine has is the bad head gasket that is venting your oil to the ground , nothing to do with the air cleaner. But seriously, if you want to locate an oil leak, the best way to do it is have it dye tested with a black lite, it will show all leaks. The neon is famous for head gasket leaks, some rear main oil seals have been known to leak and the cam shaft sensor/o-ring will leak

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Thank you very much, maxpower. Would you mind telling me what kinds of stuff for me to do dye testing with a black lite? Should I add it into the engine as what I did for the engine oil? Thank you a million for all of your kind advice.

Reply to
Leeinwind

The oil dye test requires a special lite and about 2 ounces of engine oil dye, it normally comes in a kit that's about $150 or you can take it to a garage that uses it and pay them the check out fee. When you use this stuff you just pour it in the oil filler cap and run the engine. if it is a big leak it will show up fast. if its a small leak you may have to drive the vehicle for a few days before testing it. You need a special pair of yellow glasses and the black lite to be able to see where it is leaking from.