95 Neon: transmission gasket

My car is Plymouth Neon Sports 95. I exchange the transmission filter and fluid. However, I found the pan gasket doesn't fit the transmission pan very much. I compared it to the old one. They have the same shape. The
filter set "FRAM TF 113" was purchased from Autozone. Now my transaxle fluid has a little leakage. Does anyone know why the gasket doesn't have the same shape as the pan? Is it the reason that causes the leakage. Thank you very much in advance.
On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 20:03:08 -0500, Leeinwind wrote:

Some of the best stuff I have seen is Toyota FIPG (Form-in-place Gasket). It's a tube available from Toyota. If you haven't got the right gasket, use this.
What I do when I'm mating a new gasket is to place the gasket on the pan and stick some of the bolts into it to make sure it is the same size/shape. If it is, I install it. If not, back to the Parts Store!
Did you use ANY 'goop' at all? For the tranny pan, you should have used the Blue stuff.
Thank you very much for your kind advice. The thing is all the gasket that autozone has for my car is the same. And also they are the same as my old one. I did stick some bolts into the pan and gasket and was 100% sure that no matter how I tried, they don't match well. Is this very popular for American cars? Sorry, I will never use a Japanese car even I know they may have a better performance.
Lee