97 Caravan-- Electrical problem??? HELP!!

Ok, weird things going on. One day my cruise conntrol quit. The next day, I noticed my airbag light was on and staying on. A few days later, I had occasion to honk my horn at someone who was about to pull out in front of
me, but the horn didn't work. We almost never drive at night, until last Wednesday, church ran long and it was dark when we left. I got stopped because the taillights weren't working. I also noticed at that time that the interior dash panel light wasn't working. My headlights, interior dome light, blinkers, reverse light, and hazards all work just fine. Had to drive home that night with the hazards flashing so someone coming up behind me wouldn't smack into me. So, are the taillights, airbag, cruise control, and horn all on the same circuit or something??? I have already checked the fuses, and used a spare relay to test that, and nothing still works. Also, I noticed last time it rained (which was months ago) that if I went through a deepish puddle, my "door ajar" light and ding would go off repeatedly. I knwo I have to have a short somewhere, but I have no clue where to look for it. The wipers will also come on at odd times, wife a few times, then shut off. Somebody help me! We so bad want to go to the football game tonight, it's opening night, and my son is starting in his first high school game!

I have seen quite a few posts with similar problems and most of the replies are to look at the clock spring on the steering wheel. I don't know why it's called the clock spring, it is where the horn and cruise switches connect to the column to allow you to turn the wheel in circles. It is under the airbag cover and unless you know what your doing, you could get injured messing with the airbag.
Hope this helps, enjoy the game.

[ snip of plenty of other problems ]

I don't know if the original poster's problems are the clock spring, but... Chrysler has "recalled" quite a few minivans for them.
If you go a'googlin for ' "clock spring" chrysler recall ' you'll get quite a bit of info.
The 97 Caravan was recalled years ago for a faulty clockspring. the one in my 97 was replaced then.
ok, thanks gang! knew I could count on y'all! I fixed the taillight problem btw, it was simply a fuse put in the wrong place last week when a MECHANIC friend of mine was trying to test fuses. He failed to put the maxi fuse back in the proper slot. I'll do a google now for the clock spring and see what I can find out. Thank y'all!
I had a similar problem with my 1994 Intrepid this week. It was 100 degrees outside and I couldn't get the A/C to work, the power windows wouldn't open, my radio quit, the airbag lite stayed on and the ABS light stayed on. If I shut off the car and turned it back on or backed off the key slightly in the tumblers with the engine still running , then everything would reset and work. I took it to a 5 star Dodge dealer (thinking they could diagnose this better since they work on these problems and cars everyday), and they told me they had to replace the ignition switch under the cover of the steering collumn. It cost $189 to fix this big headache and now everything is working normally. I was also told before I brought the car in, it could be a clockspring if it wasn't the switch. But in my case, it was the ignition switch only! Now everything is working great like it should. The only thing I still have to fix is a fluctuating fuel needle and the low fuel lite keeps coming on even though the tank is full. They told me it is the sending unit arm that is bad and they have to drop the tank for $800!!!! No thanks!!!! i'll count the miles on the odometer!!!! Hope this helps.

================================================ WHO told you the tank has to be dropped to replace the sending unit on your 1994 Intrepid? They are WRONG.
Your 1994 Intrepid has an access hatch inside the trunk, under the trunk carpet. It is removed by taking out a few screws, and once it's off, there is direct access to the top of the fuel tank and the fuel pump assembly. The sending unit comes out with the fuel pump, the whole thing lifting up into the trunk.
Drop the fuel tank, BUNK.
They were right about the ignition switch, though. It's a weak point in the Intrepid/Concorde/Eagle.
-GP