97 Caravan electronic instruments faliure

On my 1997 Grand Caravan I will occasionally lose my electronic instruments-speedometer, tach, temp gauge, fuel gauge, mileage display, etc. It always comes back sooner or later to normal. Im getting a code 66-no ccd from TCM. What would be the most common cause of this instrument failure? TCM, BCM, ?

Thank you for any help

Reply to
trmann

I just had a similar problem with my 2001 T&C (although I did not check the codes). Engaging the turn signals or hazard lights would intermittently cause a power failure to the instrument cluster. I swapped related fuses, relays, light bulbs, etc., cleaned all contacts, took apart the multi-function switch and cleaned it, removed the instrument cluster and cleaned its contacts, etc. The problem went away for a day, and then the instrument cluster went out altogether. I took it to a dealership. They replaced the instrument cluster, after which there was power to the cluster but still flickered. They replaced the multi-function switch and BCM, only to find that the instrument cluster still flickered. Eventually they found a ground contact in the engine compartment that apparently was corroded. They cleaned it, and now the whole system functions as it should. (Still not convinced I needed the switch and BCM... They charged for those parts, but not labor for installing them.)

Good luck. Frustrating problem.

maxpower wrote:

Reply to
bba

That loose connection they found was probably the orange wire being loose at the battery. was the battery recently replaced??

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower