'97 Cirrus with Same Problem

I have a '97 Cirrus that does the same thing. However, the blower motor itself appears to be fine. Every time I remove the blower motor resistor, it is all rusted and corroded, but once I replace it it's fine. It happens to me every winter after there has been snow on the ground for some time. It is for this reason that I think moisture is getting up into the kick plate on the passenger's side and corroding the resistors and the contacts. I wish they made these things enclosed in plastic (teflon) instead of a metal heat sink cage -- maybe they would last longer that way.

Reply to
locka