97 dodge caravan not starting or stalling

i am having trouble starting my 97 caravan. it also wants to stall sometime, while sitting at a light, and wont restart immediately. it acts as if its not getting fuel. it cranks over just fine, but will not fire. i cant really hear the fuel pump kick in, but i dont know that i ever could. can someone shed some light on this subject?

Thank you,

Troy

Reply to
Troy Nemes (FMR)

also, another question i have is, the pipe that comes from the exhaust manifold down to the cat, is that a seperate piece or one full piece back to the tail? mine has rusted in two right at the cat, and i was told by a friend that it is flanged at both ends, and all i need is that piece. i called the local dealership and they called it a crossover pipe, and want $550 for it, i called a muffler shop and they said that year caravan doesnt have a crossover pipe. im confused.....help

Thanks again,

Troy

Reply to
Troy Nemes (FMR)

what engine do you have. I had a stalling problem with my caravan 3.3L and it turned out to be the crankshaft position sensor or the camshaft position sensor [not sure which one] but its close to the distrubitor lmost under it. I dont know if this is whats wrong with yours but it worth looking into. By the way is you check engine light on?

Troy Nemes (FMR) wrote:

Reply to
pchotspot

The 3.3 has no distributor.