97 Dodge Neon: Brakes Sticking

I have a 97 Neon and the brakes seem to be sticking (front driver side). They get overheated to the point that they smoke after a short drive. The gas mileage has also suffered greatly because of this problem. My boyfriend replaced the proportioning valve and the calipers (twice). Any ideas what else it could be?

Reply to
rgoforth

More then likely the hose going to the caliper is pinched by the mounting bracket, try to pry back the clamping around the hose or simply replace it if you think it is the cause

Glenn Beasley Chrysler tech

Reply to
damnnickname

Replaced calipers with new or rebuilt, or used from the scrappie?

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

read the OP

Reply to
damnnickname

Learn to quote something, so people know what you're talking about, grease monkey.

Reply to
Dan C

"YAWN"

Reply to
maxpower

I had the same problem, had it posted here,the answer was to replace the brake flex hose line. Car runs fine

Reply to
hjcfz