97 Intrepid instrument panel quit

My wife's 97 Intrepid (3.3) instrument panel (speedometer, tach, idiot lights, fuel gauge) quit. It has happened before. It would start working when she hit a bump. One dealer told me it was the instrument panel bad(bad solder joint). Another dealer said it is the body computer. Anybody had this problem??

Thanks Kevin

Reply to
Kevin

Yes and it could be either, you would have to remove the cluster and look at the board/connections

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

How hard is it to remove the cluster. Do you have to remove the dash? Kevin

Reply to
Kevin