97 Intrepid Miss when hot

I have a 97 Intrepid 3.3 that drives perfect when cold. If you shut it off for 5 to 30 minutes, it will some time miss out when you start to drive it.
It acts like it losses all power for about 1/2 second. It will do this going slow or 55 MPH. My wife says it sometimes dies. When it is not missing out it runs perfect. It may only miss out once in 15 mile trip.
Any help will be appreciated.
Kevin

it.
going
I would start with checking for fault codes in the PCM, more then likely you are having a crank/cam sensor failure
Glenn Beasley Chrysler tech

I had the codes pulled when the ac went out. They were "short or open in ac, rad fan,ect" because of the blown fuse. The also was a code "lost communication with body computer for 30 sec." or something like that. The mechanic thought it might need a new computer. I do not know if the codes was just from the blown fuse.
Thanks Kevin

Then you would have to have the engine controller scanned while it was happening.
Will there be any codes since the service engine light has not came on? I unhooked the battery when I fixed the ac fuse to clear the codes.
What would be your best guess crank or cam sensor. I will buy one of them tomorrow. They are both about $50.
Kevin

it
this
missing
Best guess, crank sensor......but with the age of the vehicle and the price of the parts I would replace both. especially if you plan on keeping the vehicle
Are both of them known to go out? A common problem? Thanks Kevin

shut
was
the
You are talking about a car that is 10 years old. of course they are known to go out, so is the fuel pump, starter, battery, alt....etc As I said...best guess is the crank sensor

The auto parts store did not have the crank sensor in stock today, so I got the cam sensor. Replacing the cam sensor did not help. I will send my wife to a different store to get the crank sensor.
Thanks Kevin

then
known
got
The proper way to diagnose this is with a scan tool. There are allot of components that could cause your problem.