97 Intrepid rear defrost

Hello,
Looking for a little help here. My rear defrost quit working on my 97 intrepid. There is no voltage getting to the connectors on either side of
the window. I can hear the relay in the dash clicking when I turn the defrost on/off. Is there an in-line fuse in the system somewhere, or a common breakdown point in the cabling?
Thanks,
Mike

I take it you checked this at both terminals of the grid
Glenn Beasley Chrysler tech

First I checked across the grid for resistance. It was a minimal reading, not an open, so I assumed it was ok. Then I checked for a voltage drop across.
ok once again did you check them at the terminals? One terminal is 12v and the other is ground. Check for 12 volts and a good ground
Glenn
On Tue, 26 Dec 2006 19:15:05 -0500, "maxpower"

Glen,     I checked continuity across the grid, and "got tone." I didn't know what the proper resistance across the grid should be, so wasn't paying attention to the actual resistance reading. Checked for voltage AT the grid by probing the connector on the grid and grounding to the door latch screws, assuming there would be electrical ground. Both sides, both with the same result (zero voltage).

of
Assuming that you test the connector at one side of the grid (disconnected) and got 12 volts and then checked the other side of the connector (disconnected) and got a good ground signal you need to check the Fusible link/cartridge fuse at the PDC under the hood. There is also another fuse in the Junction block, I think it is fuse #6. check to see if it is not blown. If all that is good you have to remove the A/C control head and check to see if you have 12 volts at the blk/white wire
On Tue, 26 Dec 2006 19:03:39 -0500, "IckyBob"

Hell Mike...
    I was JUST going to post this very same description! My wife's 97 Intrepid is doing the exact same thing.. No fuse identified in the dashboard fuse panel, and nothing identified in the power distribution center under the hood. Switch is getting power, and the light lights up so we know THAT circuit is working properly. The indication then is that either the switch toggles a line on a controller somewhere, or that there's a relay somewhere that isn't working properly..
    Glen, we sure could use your help on this one...

Yepper,
Sounds like the same problem. I've looked in the fuse panel and PDC under the hood as well. Nothing marked for rear defrost. Nothing labelled as such in the owners manual either. That's why I was wondering about an inline fuse etc..