98 Dodge Caravan (amended year)

I have rust on each of the "lips" to the rear wheelwell. An ex-chrysler bodytech advised, that there is a sponge in that area, that absorbs moisture
causing this problem. Has anyone had such a defect and how did they resolve with Chrysler? Thanks for your help. Pete
Pete, I think what the tech. was saying, or possibly overheard someone saying was "It is like a sponge in that area" meaning that the area holds moisture. To date I do not know of any car manufacturer that uses sponges in building their cars. But usually the rust is due to unprotected metal, meaning none or missing rustproofing or paint chips that starts the process. On a seven year vehicle this would be considered normal unless you had a rust check every year. --J