98 dodge caravan climate control problem need help

i have a 98 dodge caravan 3.3 liter v6 auto it has driver and passenger climate controls but when you use the heater the passenger side will not switch to heat. the ac works on that side but no heat switch over. heat
works fine on the driver side what could the problem be a fuse,switch what things could i check first thanks

It could be anything from a broken blend air door shaft, a blend air motor that isn't working, the control head may be burnt out. A scan tool to see the inputs and outputs of everything may be needed to verify and to retrieve any fault codes stored
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
johnnyscrvan wrote:

I have a 96 Grand Caravan 3.3 liter v6 with exactly the same problem. I did the code check without reader http://www.allpar.com/fix/80s-codes.html but nothing showed up. Maybe a reader checks more? I can hear a motor/acuater trying to do something when I operate passenger side heat control. I started to disasemble dash but decided to do a little more research and possibly buy a repair manual. Dealer does not stock the blend door shaft if that's what it is. The passenger side blend door actuater seems to be on right side, but I'm not sure. If I have to pay $950 to repair the heater on a $3,000 van I'll dump it and get something more reliable. I have a few other electrical problems, intermitent left turn signal, rear wiper will sometimes start on it's own, small agrivations, but since I'm thinking of driving north this winter the heat issue is serious. Already put $600 out for a transmission seal on a tranny that had just been rebuilt by previous owner. I really miss my 93 Voyager 4 cyl 5 spd, good milage no problems except axel seals. A old Ford van pulled in front of me and it was totaled.