98 dodge durango

my ABS and brake lights stay on constently!! i had my mechanic check and his code reader doesn't come up with any code! has anyone else had this problem?

reader for the engine controller you don't want him working on your brakes. It takes a good scan tool to be able to read codes from all modules.
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
Dear Glenn,
I went to few other sites concerning the ABS and Brake warning lights being on and found that this same problem had come up 4 to 5 times on the 98 and 99 dodge durango. It turns out that it is a ABS speed sensor on the top of the differential. And it is something that will not post a code. So I had my mechanic change out this sensor today and that took care of the problem. Thanks for your reply and I'll be sure to remember your name. maxpower wrote:

Yes Tracey it is a part that normally goes out before anything else, and YES it will set a fault code in the Anti Lock brake module. A basic code reader will not be able to read faults from those modules.
Glenn