98 dodge durango

my ABS and brake lights stay on constently!! i had my mechanic check and his code reader doesn't come up with any code! has anyone else had this problem?

Reply to
tkmccann

Take it to someone that knows what they are doing, if he only has a code reader for the engine controller you don't want him working on your brakes. It takes a good scan tool to be able to read codes from all modules.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Reply to
Tracey

Yes Tracey it is a part that normally goes out before anything else, and YES it will set a fault code in the Anti Lock brake module. A basic code reader will not be able to read faults from those modules.

Glenn

Reply to
maxpower