98 dodge grand caravan

OK I was hopeing someone on here had soem expertise with my problem and would be ever so gracious to help.. My battery died.. I mean dead dead...
would not take a charge any longer... I had relays clicking and stuff because not enough voltage to keep them close or opend what have you. I have gotten a new battery and all is working, however 4 lights on the rear window wiper buttons ( the on one and the intermittent one) and also the recirc button and air conditioning button all blink when the key is turned to on position.. and after you start the car... The only thing I noticed not working per say is the rear deforst button when pushed does not illuminate.. I think it may come on however because when pushed I still here the relay engageing..
What is the deal here? anyoen know and anything I need to do to reset somthing etc??/
Thanks in advance for all replies that will help!
Chris
--
Chris Pine

Ever look at your watch then look away again and you don't know what time it

ah, yes. ye olde ac blinkenlight problem
( btw, the lights stop blinken after 15 minutes, but then start again the next time you turn on te car...)
The system got kicked into a test mode when you were powered down.
The way to reset it:
a) turn on the a.c system.
b) look at th " I " portion of the " L " of buttons. Push and hold the top and bottom one together for about ten seconds. You'll see the other LEDs start flashing and then the system will go into a step-by-step checkout. You'll notice that you'll get hot air for a moment, then a bit of this, then that, as it cycles through.
After rougly two minutes it'll finis up and only the top led will continue flashing. Tap it to stop.
At that point you can turn the ac off, wait a minute, then turn it on and all the lights should (should...) be ok.

not
here
it
COOLDOWN TEST ENTRY TO INITIATE TEST: a.. Set Blower motor ON HIGH b.. Open all A/C outlets c.. Depress A/C and WASH buttons simultaneously for 5 Seconds (Until all LED's light) RESULTS: a.. All LED's will turn on for 5 Seconds. b.. Cooldown test is running if A/C and RECIRC are alternately flashing. c.. Acceptable result is when LED flashing stops. d.. Calibration Diagnostics and Cooldown must be run separately. CALIBRATION DIAGNOSTICS AND COOLDOWN ABORT Test can be aborted by doing one of the following:
a.. Depressing Rear Window Defogger, RECIRC and Rear Wiper buttons. b.. Cycling Ignition OFF and then ON. c.. Control will automatically abort after 15 minutes from the time Calibration Diagnostics and Cooldown was entered. The HVAC control module will return to normal operation or may indicate unsuccessful Calibration Diagnostics or Cooldown test by LED's flashing simultaneously.
COOLDOWN TEST FAILURE 1.. Determine if the refrigerant system is operating correctly: a.. Check the outlet air temperature b.. Feel the compressor suction plumbing, is it hot? If not OK, go to Step 2. If OK, repeat the Calibration Diagnostic and Cooldown test.
2.. If system does not seem to be operating correctly, perform diagnostics for poor performance: a.. Low refrigerant charge b.. No charge c.. Compressor not operating
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
writes:

I foolishly (yep...) did this test and now I'm faced with this new blinkenlight problem, namely the recirc and a/c doing the 15 minute blink thing.
(The physical problem is that the recirculation button was lighting up nicely, but starting a week or so ago, didn't do anything to the airflow).
Any suggestions as to how to stop their flashing?
Thanks.

writes:

Ah... you're conflabulating me with the other poster.
My situation: no battery issues and the main AC switch is still working, giving me modest cooling But...
About a week ago the "recirc" button stopped working. That is, I'd push it in and it would light up, but there was no change in air flow.
(I'm still getting moderate cooling, but would like the extra oomph...)
Yesterday I tried the hvac test sequence. When it finished up I was left with the a/c and recirc LEDs flashing simultaneously. I've treid various combos to get it to stop, but they keep blinking.
(They do time out after 15 minutes, but start up again the next time I turn on the ignition)
So... first, would you know how to get the blinken to stop, and second, could you point me to where the "recirc" problem is likely to be?
(And please don't tell me it'll probably involve removing the entire dash again...)
thanks

Thanks so much for the help... I did what Danny said today and it would not pass... It went throught the test and stopped at the interval of the recirc and air buttons blinking three times and the top (wiper button) blinking once. That is once for every third time of the others.
I guess I will go with your instructions.. I did not have it on high....
I had no issues with my air prior to the battery dieing.
--
Chris Pine

Ever look at your watch then look away again and you don't know what time it
That did the trick! Thankyou so much! I never would have figured that out by myself!
All is well again! :)