98 Dodge grand caravan tension pully for drive belt

My manual does not have a procedure for repalcing the tension pully for the drive belt. Anyone have such info? I could go and get a new one I guess and
by looking at the part it might be self evident I guess? The tension pully is squeking badly at higher rpms.. If it is possible I would liek to change it myself instead of paying $200+ to meahanic... He does a great job but I have fairly good mechanical aptitude:) It is a 3.3 ltr engine
--
Chris Pine

Ever look at your watch then look away again and you don't know what time it

the
and
change
it
The first signs of needing a new tensioner is the belt makes a rumbling or squeak noise. The second sign of needing a tensioner is the belt fell off. There is no maintenance Schedule on this. the tensioner and belt will cost about $120 at the dealer. I have always used the lift to get under the vehicle to replace it. Im sure it can be done thru the top and someone reading this has done it before and Im sure will give you his input.
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
SO when you have done it from underneath is it fairly striat forward? Looks like you have to remove bottom bolt to alternator and then another bolt toward front of car towards bottom of the tensioner.. is there another bolt or nut? Thanks for your input!
--
Chris Pine

Ever look at your watch then look away again and you don't know what time it

but
time
or
off.
cost
Underneath is straight forward. remove the belt shield, remove the belt and then just remove the 15mm nut that holds the tensioner on. reverse the procedure to install.
Glenn
I think I understand... so I am just replacing the pully itself not the tensioner mecahnism? This makes sense to me that would be much easier.. It is the same 15 mm bolt you use to fles the tensioner to install the belt correct?
--
Chris Pine

Ever look at your watch then look away again and you don't know what time it
I am talking about the serpentine drive belt you understand? Not the timing belt which from what I understand this engine does not have but rather a timing chain
--
Chris Pine

Ever look at your watch then look away again and you don't know what time it

tension
job
what
fell
will
the
someone
I know what you are replacing, and you don't want to replace just the pulley but the complete thing!! Why not go to your local Chrysler dealer and purchase the part, Once you look at it...it will explain everything
Glenn
Great! Thanks for your help!
--
Chris Pine

Ever look at your watch then look away again and you don't know what time it
Thanks to Glenn! I did change the tensioner and I did it from underneath and I am so thankful for that tip. It was fairly easy that way and is I had tried it from above I still might be out there cussing away at it :) Thanks!
--
Chris Pine

Ever look at your watch then look away again and you don't know what time it

liek
great
under
Kewl!!!