98 Dodge Interpid

We just bought a 98 Dodge intrepid, I know sell it quickly and run. Until we get the plates to do that, should I go through and see if the is any sludge build up - ie: remove the oil pan and clean it out and switch to
5W 30 Oil? Anything else that anyone can provide me to help make sure there is no problem would be greatly appriciated! Thank you