98 Dodge Neon...right turn signal clicks fast...

Hey All....have a 1998 dodge Neon...when I turn on my right signal light it sometimes flashes really fast...the front signal light outside also flashes
and works but the rear light doesn't light up at all when this happens. It was doing this for the last week, then it went back to normal all of a sudden for a couple of days. (both outside blinkers work). Now it's intermittent...sometimes works, sometimes blinks fast. I changed the rear bulb although it doesn't look burned out and lights up when working normally.
Someone mentioned it might be the flasher module...I'm not sure where this is. In my manual it says "Relay and Flasher module....this module is below the fuse panel. A relay or flasher can be removed by pulling it straight out from the module". All I have below my fuses are 2 small square looking things, 1 is green and 1 is black...they are both about 1" square. I pulled out the black one and turned on my signal blinkers and they still worked? I called the parts dept. at my dealer and he wasn't sure where it went. I don't want to spend $50.00(Canadian) on something that might not even be the problem....any ideas?...PLEASE!

next time it happens check to see which one is not working, maybe the front one?
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
"Gary Zima" wrote: "Hey All....have a 1998 dodge Neon...when I turn on my right signal light it sometimes flashes really fast...the front signal light outside also flashes and works but the rear light doesn't light up at all when this happens. It was doing this for the last week, then it went back to normal all of a sudden for a couple of days. (both outside blinkers work). Now it's intermittent...sometimes works, sometimes blinks fast. I changed the rear bulb although it doesn't look burned out and lights up when working normally.
Someone mentioned it might be the flasher module...I'm not sure where this is. In my manual it says "Relay and Flasher module....this module is below the fuse panel. A relay or flasher can be removed by pulling it straight out from the module". All I have below my fuses are 2 small square looking things, 1 is green and 1 is black...they are both about 1" square. I pulled out the black one and turned on my signal blinkers and they still worked? I called the parts dept. at my dealer and he wasn't sure where it went. I don't want to spend $50.00(Canadian) on something that might not even be the problem....any ideas?...PLEASE!"
I don't think your problem is in the flasher. If the front worked but the rear did not then I would think that you have a bad ground on the rear turn signal or a bad connection. I have not had a bad turn signal in a long time but usually when it blinks real fast it is a sign that one bulb is not getting the signal to flash.
Sarge
Test out with a volt meter/test lite at the lens when the problem occurs. if 12 volts is at the lens and a good ground........replace lens/bulb