'98 Grand Caravan squealing noise

have had this vehicle checked many x's. New serpentine belt x3, tensioner belt x2, A/C compressor. Noise continues to where it's embarassing to drive! Dealer has no other idea or options. Help!

Reply to
Celfee

I take it this is a 3.3/3.8 engine?

Has the power steering pump ever been removed and the pulley takin off? That is normally what causes the belt to make noise.

The technician can raise the vehicle and with the belt guard off look straight up and see what pulley is out of alignment

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

why did the dealer/service dept. not know to check this?

Reply to
Celfee

I asked if the power steering pump/pulley was ever removed??? As far as why didnt the dealer check this? whos knows, maybe the tech that looked at it just came from an independent shop and not familar with your van

Reply to
maxpower

Haha! Doesn't Chrysler have any certification requirements in order to get hired as a "tech"? How can a Chrysler "tech" not be familiar with a Grand Caravan? LOL!

Reply to
Dan C

Wow I cant believe you are that lame and stupid. when you first walk into a dealer or any shop for the first time as a beginner, you normally dont have any experience but learn as you go on. And that is how you get experience,by training and yes making mistakes also. when are you going to tske that last step off the edge?

Reply to
damnnickname

Once again, you fail to answer the question that is asked. Try again: Does Chrysler have any qualification/certification requirements, or not?

How come you are so hesitant to answer that?

Reply to
Dan C

I know exactly what you need to do. If this is the 3.0L engine then you need to get to a Goodyear distributor and buy the 49204K field fix kit. This kit will fix your serpentine belt problems once and for all. This kit works.

Reply to
javert