99 Caravan - oil pressure light

Oil pressure light and chime come on under 30MPH when accelerator is released. Goes off once accelerator is depressed. Oil level is correct. 131,000 miles on 4-cylinder engine.
Were is the oil pump, and how is it driven? Thanks. Doug B.

Doug, replace the oil pressure sending switch and clean out the connector if it is contaminated with oil and more then likely that will take care of your problem. That is of course if you have properly maintained the oil changes and didn't neglect the vehicle.
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
On Sun, 20 May 2007 06:31:17 -0400, "maxpower"

from the top. Chilton's says it's on the firewall side of the 2.4L. I can't vouch for the previous owner, but for the year that I've had it, Jiffy Lube every 3kmiles. It is due now. It needs a tranny flush too. Doug B.
It may be a little tricky on ramps, I havent been under a vehicle on ramps in over 25 years. The labor to do this should be about .5 labor at a local garage.
Glenn
I would pay a professinal to see hot and cold oil pressure. Itmight be bad seals, or more serious stuff like bad crankshaft. Check ifyouhave right pressure of oil or just bad oil pressure sender.
MAKE VERY SURE who ever does the trans service that they use the correct Mopar fluid. NO SUBISTUTES
On Sun, 27 May 2007 02:43:45 -0400, "sqdancerLynn"

Doug B.
I believe it is near the oil filter. If the 2.4L engine's oil pump is driven by the crank shaft, then that puts it at the front of the engine.
HTH Gyz

Located at the back of the engine just above the drives shaft.
Glenn
On Mon, 28 May 2007 12:19:55 -0400, "maxpower"

a heat shield. No way I can get in there with a tool to remove it. I will take it to a mechanic. Doug B.

Sounds like a plan!!
Glenn