99 dodge avenger es wont shift

ya we have a 99 avenger es and we left one day and the speedometer quit working and the same time the transmission wouldnt shift from second.we heard from other people that the vehicle speed sencer.well i did that
and it still didnt help the problem so if anyone knows what the problem could be just e-mail me at t snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com thanks.
thanks.

There are 2 sensors, which one did you replace??
Glenn Beasley Chrysler tech
You should change output speed sensor. First make yoru speedometer work, to pinpoint any problem with the transmision.