99 Dodge Caravan SE rear door hatch not locking

I have a 99 Caravan SE that sometimes the rear door catch wont latch. It acts as if its closed and therefore wont clasp the bottom part of the latch
near the bumper. Ive taken it to the dealer a couple of times and the first time they told me they had to replace the mechanism. Second time they told me it had to be reset. What is it they did to reset this latch?? Brian
I'm not really sure what they would do to "reset" a latch, I'm assuming they might mean that it isn't lined up all the way and therefore the latch isn't getting a good clasp. But other than that I have no idea what they mean when they say they will "reset" it.
http://www.carforums.net / Auto Forums
could mean it was closed, and therefore will bounce off the latch, so reset, might mean opening it. Mike

I kind of figured that. How would he get it open? I've tried with no success. Brian