99 Dodge Durango SLT 5.9 V8 idle problem

The car does not hold the RPM when it is cold. It shuts itself down when engine temp is cold. I have to start it and hond the pedal down til it warms up. Any ideas??????????? Please help me.
Thanks

Is the battery in good shape with plenty of charge?
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech