99 intrepid blowing fan fuses

question on my 99 Intrepid 2.7 ltr
The car started over heating today. Assumed the water pump is out. I realized the fans werent running. Popped the fuse cover and the high speed and the
low speed fuses were burned out. I took another 30AMP and put it in the low side. It pulled the whole engine down, way down...after a minute it blew the fuse again. What could be causing this??? These arent belt run so why rould it pull the engine down like that? Would a bad electric motor do that? I did have time to see the passenger side fan WAS running till it blew the fuse. I didnt see if the driver side was running if its even supposed too.
Any advice? Seems like i just replaced a fan motor a couple years ago because the shaft was loose and made the fan rub the shroud.

low
the
rould
did
The Generator can pull the enigne down under an extreme load, such as what you experienced with the cartridge fuse blowing, One of your fans or the A/c compressor is causing the problem, Have tried to spin the fan on the other side to see if it is locked up? (do this with the key off) If so try to disconect the A/C compressor to see if thats the problem. If I had to guess,I would say one of the fan motors are locked up
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
Yes! you are a genious Mr Beasley.
I didnt tell you the whole truth i guess. We are having trouble with the AC compressor. Its been a constant problem for a year and now it doesnt wantot charge at all( today!) So i would say you are right on the money. I disconnected the AC relay and now I havent blown a fuse for the last two hours Ive been tinkering around with it. i guess the compressor finally went out. My wife is taking it to work tomorrow so we will see. The passenger side fan is running but I have yet to see the drivers side come on.....hmmmm? i will test it tomorrow for resistance by spinning it by hand. im not sure when it should kick on. The same time? My temp gauge never goes past 1/2 so maybe its just not hot enough? Well Im in Dallas so tomorrow we will see. Ill let you know what happens. Thanks again...
Now about that AC compressor..................

the
blew
what
other
Not a genius, just the everyday work I do at the dealer.So what was the problem, the fan or the compressor

the
blew
what
other
Im not sure but if you disconnect the relay to the compressor it may also take out the fan also so you still may not know if it is the fan or compressor. Why not just disconnect the a/c compressor at the connector that way you now are able to determine what is at fault

the
why
that?
the
that
That I know of two things run the fan, high heat or A/C. If it's the fan fuse that's blowing wouldn't it indicate a short or an excessive load in the fan circuit? A high amperage draw on the alt could possible pull down the engine idle but I wouldn't think that much. On the other hand if the A/C is pulling down the engine rpm I would expect it to blow the A/C fuse not the fan fuse. Does the A/C comp some how pull power through the fan circuit?
Mark R

and
the
ago
as
also
the
is
OK Once again DID YOU SPIN BOTH FANS WITH YOUR HAND TO SEE IF THEY SPIN FREELY????? Make sure the key is off when you do this!! The a/c fan only turns on when the high side hits 300-350 psi, SPIN BOTH FANS TO CHECK FOR PROBLEMS