'99 Plymouth Voyager - NO HEAT

Hi All! Just had my thermostat replaced by a friend because there was no or little cabin heat. But all to no avail. Still not much more heat! What should be my next step? Do not have much money to invest in this problem, but hate to freeze all winter!

Reply to
thegospelmagicman

Anyone have any suggestion why my heater is not working??? A friend and I changed the thermostat and still not much better. The van will get warm when it sits, but chilled or barely warm when traveling. Is it something simple lik a blend door???

Reply to
thegospelmagicman

I have the same problem with my 97 Voyager, I had a new stat installed but it didnt fix anything, engine temp is normal, little head when sitting still, ice cold once I hit the highway.

Reply to
MarkoDaGeek

I had this same problem about a year ago in my '98 Caravan and it turned out to be that the heater control had lost its electronic calibration. Do this:

Press and hold the rear wiper and washer buttons at the same time until all L.E.D's light, this will put the heater control head unit in calibration mode, when done 2 L.E.D's (rear wiper and washer) will flash alternately and then stop when complete.

If you're lucky, you now have heat!

Geary

Reply to
Geary Morton

I tried the calibration test - not much better heating the cabin. I think I have read somewhere else about the test that if you do it on full fan on cold temperature if it puts out heat anytime the unit is defective. Mine put out heat on the first cycle. Does anyone know about this???

Reply to
thegospelmagicman

I also was having problems with no heat. I change the stat, check hoses and was ready to go after the heater core, when I read about electronic calibration. I tried it this morning and it worked like a charm. Thanks, Geary.

Reply to
santo