A/C charging port

I have a 98 Caravan. I usually charge my own AC, but I have never tried on this vehicle. I can't figure out which port to use. I see 3. One in the middle of the manifold by the dipstick, one on the lower
left of the engine, and one on the left fender. The one on the fender is plastic and labeled Service Port. This seems to be the obvious choice, but my adapter does not hold tight. The plastic seems weird.
Any ideas? My gauges clip on typically.
TIA, Shane

To quote the factory manual: "The Low Side (Suction) valve service port is located on the suction line near the compressor"
Your van does not need a recharge! If it is low on Freon (R134a) it is L E A K I N G and needs to be repaired. It is probably the Evaporator core as it is on most chrysler products. It should be covered under recall warranty. But since they are bankrupt, write to the czar obama.
--
I'm Right, U R Wrong!
"Steve" < snipped-for-privacy@cox.net> wrote in message

Good possibility you are right. Chrysler has problems with leaks in the evaporator cores.
I had this with my 97 van, and replaced the core myself. Still, it was not a cheap job.

and with fiat going to be the new owners the chrysler corp just went foreign and now they are going to be junk like the rest of the foreign cars from italy
truckdriver wrote:

Chrysler would kill to build the quality and type of vehicles Fiat makes.