AC compressor pulley

I have a 97 Grand Caravan Sport with the 3.3. The AC compressor pulley is making a lot of noise and it has a lot of movement. I think it is going to seize soon. How easy is it to do this job ? Has anyone done this? Can I buy just the bearing you think ? If so, where ? Thanks

Reply to
Tim

You can buy the clutch and could separate and it is easy to install. However if the a/c compressor housing is worn out you will not be able to get the correct air gap needed and the clutch will burn up and the bearing will be destroyed

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Thanks for the reply. Do you know what this part is worth and can I get just the bearing. I was trying to get a price at NAPA but all they give is a clutch assembly and that is $315CDN ouch !!

Reply to
Tim

Try the dealer, you may be able to get a rebuilt complete compressor for that price.