air conditioner compressor '96 neon sohc 2 L

Would anyone here know if it is possible to remove the compressor without having to remove any of the other units(power steering, alternator etc) near
the compressor? Can the compressor be removed from the underneath side?
Thanks
Gould

near
Yes under the bottom, P/S or alt does not have to be removed
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Thanks. It looks like I can put it up on ramps and get under there and get it off. The clutch on it is bad and I figure I'll just change out the whole thing even if it is just the clutch. A clutch for it was quoted somewhere around 75 dollars. The whole unit rebuilt with clutch priced out at 199. The thing is nine years old with only 65000 on it. It's been a hunk of junk but it is cheaper to keep it so far. A real commie car if you ask me but my wife likes it.
Gould

without
it
junk
my
Depending on who you are buying the Reman from, you may be better off staying with your compressor and just buying the clutch and it is still in good working order

Problem is that the air conditioning always worked like a champ. But then since the clutch has started to squeal and act up of course the air doesn't get cold. How can I tell if the old compressor is still good? Is there a simple way to find that out? By just turning the shaft? And if it is free it is ok?
Thanks
Gould