airbag light

I have a 2001 Dodge Caravan. Of late the airbag light has been come on a few times whwile driving (my wife says when teh vehicle is cold usually). It stays on for a few seconds and then goes off again. I have read about seaatbelt tensioners may cause such an occurrance. Has anyone had a similar experience and what was the outcome?? Thank you.,.Dodger PS: Have been told the bag COULD deploy and have been told it can't when the light is on. Obviously I am no expert.

Reply to
dodger

Depending on what the problem is, yes the air bag could or could not deploy. It could be anything from a clockspring to an airbag.....etc. If your concerned about the safety of the occupants why not have the dealer/garage take a look see?

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Hi Glenn: Is the seatbelt tensioner an unlikely problem? Thanks for your response. Dodger

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@s48g2000cws.googlegroups.com...

is, yes the air bag could or could not deploy.

Reply to
dodger

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@s48g2000cws.googlegroups.com...

problem is, yes the air bag could or could not deploy.

dealer/garage

Unlikely but I have seen them go bad

Reply to
maxpower