Alarm Set. How to Manually Reset.

I just returned from a two week vacation to find my 1999 Dodge Grand Caravanís battery dead. When I hooked up the charger, the lights began to blink, the horn began to honk, and the "Alarm Set" light on the
dash flashed, just as if the alarm had been triggered. I disconnected the positive terminal and fully recharged the battery, hoping the problem would reset. When I reconnected the charged battery, the lights and horn went off again. I tried to stop the alarm using the key fob, but the doors would neither lock nor unlock using the key fob controls. The van will start, but soon stalls, as is should when alarm is triggered.
I have tried my key fob and my wifeís key fob and neither will work.
Anyone have an idea what has happened here? Last year I had lightening hit the van and the computers went haywire. Could this be another lightening hit? Is there a manual way to reset the alarm or to reset whatever communicates with the key fobs? Thanks for any help.
Posted using the interface, at author's request