*Another *Dodge Caravan about the get the sludge hammer~fuel Problem

I also have a very similar fuel problem. I read this reply and have already done what the fix~it suggested. I have put a new fuel pump in, change out the
fuel pump relay, check auto shutdown relay, All fuzes are good. I changed out the throttle position sensor and the automatic idle speed motor, yet to no avail have I found the real problem. I have fuel and fuel pressure at my fuel injectors (proper specifications). I also have 12-volt positive at injectors. Injectors to me appear not to open??? I have also sprayed starter fluid in to the air cleaner and the motor will start and run fine until it apparently runs out of starter fluid. ** 1994 Dodge Grand Caravan Se with a 3.3 V6 engine with 120,000 miles. Any solutions? Mr. Bill
--
mrbill
The ASD relay supplies 12 volts to the injectors, the engine contoller is what grounds each one at a time. What fault code is/was set in the controller before you started trying to repair the problem?

even if the battery was disconnected and cleared, once you try to start the vehicle......they will set again if there are faults.CHECK EM AGAIN. Could be a number of things from a cam/crank sensor to a wiring problem and a PCM
Glenn
I just Checked the Codes 12 and 55 are all that I get.....
I realize that without anymore codes than this----Problem is probably mechinical,, but I cannot find any loose wires or vacuum hoses. Could I have missed something? Really Stumped, Any Solutions???? Thanks Again Mr. Bill
--
mrbill
you can keep guessing at it or take it to someone that has a scan tool to monitor the inputs and outputs of the sensors..

Could very well be. disconnect the map sensor electrical connector and try to start it. if the sensor is shorted out it could cause this. but then again a lot of things could. That's why a scan tester would be needed
Glenn
you talk about all the things you did but did you change the fuel filter
mrbill wrote:

It apparently wouldn't matter, as he, "[has] fuel and fuel pressure at [his] fuel injectors (proper specifications)." That tells me that there is plenty of fuel to, at the very least, make it fire momentarily, which it apparently doesn't do.