Anyone thinking of buying Dodge..........check this first

Page 2 of 2
A man walks into a bar and sees a good-looking woman sitting on a stool. He walks up to her and says, "Hi there, how's it going?"
She turns to him, looks deep into his eyes and says, "I'll screw anybody, any time, anywhere, your place, my place, it doesn't
matter." He says, "No kidding! I'm a lawyer too. What law firm are you with?"
face=Arial size=2>...</FONT></DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>&gt; What do you call 50 lawyers buried up to their necks in sand ???<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Not enough sand.<BR>&gt; .<BR>&gt; .<BR>&gt; .<BR>&gt; .<BR>&gt; .<BR>&gt; .<BR>&gt; .<BR>&gt; .<BR>&gt; .<BR>&gt; .<BR>&gt; .<BR>&gt; What do you call 50 lawyers going over a cliff in a bus????<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; A good start.</FONT></BODY></HTML>
------=
Service on the recommended schedule doesn't do much for lemons, nor does DC serve lemonade.
rob wrote:

Hi Group,
I have had Dodges, Plymouths, and Chryslers most of my adult life since my first car in 1974, a slant 6, 1971 Duster.
This whole thing is a mixed bag, and expecting Mercedes quality for Dodge prices is not realistic. I do however feel that consumable items like windshield wiper blades, brake rotors, and brake pads, tires, etc. SHOULD NOT last longer than items like Serpentine belt tensioners, and rear hydraulic brake cylinders. These items are not in mother mopars PM schedule either, so following that alone leads to unexpected failures.
I have heard from other well meaning folk on this group to check this or that frequently because if you don't problems will likely follow. I agree whole heartedly. I also disagree with some of you in that if you really need to check the Serpentine belt tensioner and pulley alignment every oil change, then that should be stated in the owners PM guide. If you really need to check for brake fluid seepage every 3 months (rear drum brakes) then that should be in the owners PM guide. Sure they cannot cover everything, and admitting there is a problem might have legal consequences.
For the first time in 30 years I just bought a Toyota. It's kind of sad to put 3 decades of mopar enthusiast in me to rest. I'm still partial to mopar's, and have two 1999's. When these reach the "end of life" I will certainly reconsider my choice again. I leave the door open. The "grass ain't always greener" when switching to brand X.
Regards, Jim

still trolling i see

Not at all. Based on first hand experience with two DC purchases, the last.
rob wrote:

68, 71, 80, 84, 86, 89, 90, 94..........no problems I didn't create on my own.....

How careless of you.
'96, '98 -- no problems DC didn't create in sourcing or assembly.
rob wrote:

ho hum................

Yep, more satisfied customers. Remind me, where is "replace serpentine belt tensioner" on the factory maintenance schedule?
">what is the best wat to remove the serpentine belt tensioner ? The >> tensioner (not the pully the spring part) broke as I started it sun. >> nothing seems lock up all pullys turn freely, AC was not on. >> 99 caravan 3.3
>You were probably getting a rumbling noise mostly in the morning before >this happened. That's the normal sign that the tensioner is locked up.
rob wrote:

And show me were it is written that mechanical pieces are indestructible, never were out, etc. TROLL! Do you own a chrysler still? If not go troll in a group that will appreciate a nut bar! alt.miserable.troll.whohasnolife
David wrote:

>> tensioner (not the pully the spring part) broke as I started it sun. >> nothing seems lock up all pullys turn freely, AC was not on. >> 99 caravan 3.3
>You were probably getting a rumbling noise mostly in the morning before >this happened. That's the normal sign that the tensioner is locked up.

Bzzt. Unresponsive, Apologist-in-Chief. DC ought to sign your checks.
Yes, I do. '98 Grand Caravan 3.3L with new serpentine belt tensioner, water pump, rear wheel cylinders, head gaskets. All before 36,000 miles, but after 3 years. Same sort of stuff many others report, and all the DC techs know enough about to diagnose over usenet.