Are the new Chargers selling?

Seems dumb to bring out all V8's when gas is so expensive. Have no idea why they would drop the SRT4 (good on gas) and build more V8's.
Dave

I haven't seen them selling the Daytona's as fast as I thought they would go.
I still considering one.
Ken
--
"Now Phoebe Snow direct can go
from thirty-third to Buffalo.

I bought one in October (Daytona R/T package in Mango). It's a nice ride, but the 2004 Mustang Cobra which I owned previously was much more exciting, and much faster with a smaller engine (4.6 litre supercharged, DOHC V-8).
I will probably sell it within the next two months or so. I have not seen another one like it on Vancouver Island.
- John

You don't like it anymore? That was such a short time to own one. If you're unhappy with the performance, try the 6.1 Hemi in either the 300C or the Charger.
Ken
--
"Now Phoebe Snow direct can go
from thirty-third to Buffalo.
I was seduced by the curb appeal and bought it on impulse. Here's a link to the one I should never have sold, and the Charger.
http://web.mala.bc.ca/crim/jfa/04%20Ford%20Cobra.htm
What I'd really like is a test drive in a 2007 SVT Shelby Cobra when they roll out this fall.
- John A
--
John Anderson, PhD
Ladysmith BC Canada

Very nice!
I will be waiting for the Challenger should DC decide to build it.
Ken
--
"Now Phoebe Snow direct can go
from thirty-third to Buffalo.
The Neon and Charger aren't even in the same class. The Neon small sedan is now a very outdated model being replaced by the new Caliber small sedan which should be great on gas.
The 300C and Charger large sedans were to replace the 300M and Intrepid large sedans. Get the significance of the phrases "small sedans" and "large sedans"?
And there's actually not a great deal of difference in fuel efficiency between an SRT4 and a Charger V6 model. Even when you compare a Neon SRT4 to a new hemi-equipped Charger, the difference in rated fuel economy is actually only 5mpg. I think that's quite reasonable. Of course the SRT8 Chargers are much thirstier since they sadly don't have the MDS.

retired Chrysler engineer in Detroit with a 5.7L charger is getting 24-26 MPG give or take. not to bad for a tire scorcher.