Average gas mileage for 97 Caravan?

What kind of mileage are y'all other Caravan owners getting? I have 182,000 miles on mine. Any y'all near this? How much oil should they be using? I'm
getting roughly 23 mpg, and using maybe 1/2 qt of oil between oil changes. Is this average?
greaseangel wrote:

You don't say what kind of driving you do, but in general I'd say it's in line with what's typical.
I have a 1997 Grand with the 3.3 V6. I average about 25-27 mpg highway and 18-21 mpg around town. So, 23 MPG sounds like a good average. I burn less than 1/2 quart between changes, but 1/2 quart is not bad at all.

OK, thanks guys. I drive about 45 miles per day on the highway, maybe 10 around town. I changed my oil today, and found that my oil plug seal was crumbling. I didn't pay any attention to it last time, so it could have been leaking a small amount accounting for some of the oil usage. I have oil spots all over my driveway from oil changes :) so I never noticed any leakage if there was any. How do y'all find out what kind of mileage you get on hwy vs. city?

Tanks burned on highway road trips vs. tanks burned driving around town.

Both my 1997 GC and my current 2002 GC were ES models with the 3.8L V-6 and trip computers. I get about 19 MPG overall combined city/highway. With the AC off and highway driving around 70mph I get an average of 24 mpg according to the computer.