AWD Pacifica and Grand Caravan?

Does the AWD Grand Caravan use the same transmission and coupling system as the AWD Pacifica?

One in the same. The Pacifica is on the same platform as the Caravan.

So then would it be fair to say that the AWD caravan can do some light off road duty - such as beach driving? Thanks, David

Probably depends on the beach. The beach I'm used to is on the Outer Banks of NC - there the problem I would see is ground clearance - some places in soft sand, the ruts get pretty deep. That said, I don't know what kind of ground clearance the pacifica has, but I don't think you could safely get a caravan out to the beach in NC. If you could get it past the deep ruts, I would think it would be ok.
Wesley

system
To cross soft sand you can lower the air pressure in your tires to give you better traction. Carry a portable air compressor to air back up before going back on the road.
Sarge