blinking AC & recirc. lights on 98 Caravan

After replacing the battery I ran the calibration diagnostics test to try to correct the problem of the rear wiper/AC blinking light problem. The test evidently failed because I am now left with the AC & recirculation lights flashing simultaniously. (I'm pretty sure I ran the test correctly according to future posts.) What do I do now?

Reply to
mrs_p

Does your a/c work? Did it blow really cold air before installing the battery or does it not work (before battery was installed)?

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Everything work fine! I just have blinking AC/recirc. lights.

Reply to
mrs_p

You have to make sure that the engine is at operating temperature and the slide control is at full cold with the blower on high and air coming out of the front vents. If this procedure is not done correctly it will fail.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
damnnickname

When I ran the test the engine was at operating temp., the slide control at cold and the blower on high. I made sure all the vents were open. I also had the rear air on high, would this make any difference? Otherwise I think I did everything correctly. I did notice that after about 20 minutes of driving the blinking quits, but returns to blinking the next time I start up the van.

Reply to
mrs_p

There are 2 tests to do, do both of these exactly as they read

Set Blower motor ON HIGH Set Mode position to Panel Open all A/C outlets Set Temperature to Cold (Both slide pots if equipped) Depress WASH and REAR WIPER button simultaneously for 5 Seconds (Until all LED's light) All LED's will turn on for 5 Seconds Calibration Test is running when REAR WIPER and INTERMITTENT are alternately flashing. Cooldown test is running if A/C and RECIRC are alternately flashing. Acceptable results is REAR WIPER LED is the only LED flashing. Push Rear Wiper to exit. After all tests have passed, Calibration Diagnostics and Cooldown can be run separately. COOLDOWN TEST ENTRY Set Blower motor ON HIGH Set Mode position to Panel Open all A/C outlets Set Temperature to Cold (Both slide pots if equipped) Depress WASH and A/C simultaneously for 5 Seconds

Reply to
maxpower

I ran the test a couple more times and still get the same result; AC/recirculate lights end up flashing simultaneously. The air works fine so do I just ignore the lights? Anyone have suggestions?

Reply to
mrs_p

I just posted 2 tests to do, did your do both of them?

Reply to
maxpower

Yes, I did both of them exactly like you said and still have the blinking AC/recirc. lights.

Reply to
mrs_p

There is no pause in the blinking. The AC and recirculate lights flash constantly at the same time.

Reply to
mrs_p