Books to help with repairs on a 2005 Grand Caravan; Scanner as mentioned by maxpower

I have looked at the books in the local stores, and noticed that they end at 2002, not 2005, and a few points seem to get the short-shrift. The cost of hard-backed books that I have seen for sale ( but not been able to read through ) seem high, as high as $120 for something with or on a DVD. Does anyone have a recomendation for a good repair manual for a 2005 Grand Caravan? It already has 66K miles and I want to be prepared.

For a second question, I've read a few posts from maxpower and he makes note of a difference between a code reader that reads codes from the engine and a scanner that reads codes from all over the car. What is the approximate price and availability for these from the point of view of an owner? In other words, if you can quote price, great, but if not is this a practical thing for me to buy?

Don

Reply to
Don

Contact your local dealer for the factory service manual

Don, I make no note of it because I dont use them. I use the tool that Chrysler recommends (DRB3) about $6000.00. It does everything. I would suggest Googling Code reader/Scann tool

Reply to
maxpower

or eBay. I bought a complete set for my daughter's Neon for $100 off eBay and they are near new.

Reply to
Abby Normal