Brake/30K miantainence advice for 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan SE

hi, my 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan SE van has 28K miles.. the brakes are acting wierd. there is like a hissing sound when I press them. also. if I am trying to stop from 40-50 mph.
then i get a shudder.. or knocking.? I saw that the brake fliud level was less and i topped it off with an ounce or so. a bit of improvement but not much. Do I need a front brake job. or is something else wrong ?
also.. I just do regular oil changes myself and get tires rotated at Sams.. So what major maintainence do i need to get as I am close to 30K. .
should I change the FUEL filter? should I change spark plugs? transmission fluid flush ?
Please advise.
vehicle is in S mid west so no snow or humid weather . ( Dallas)
At 30K miles, unless you only do all highway driving, you likely need new front discs and rotors looked at/resurfaced. On your question, I'd definitely change the air filter and fuel filter and also drop and clean the trans pan and replace the filter and fluid too.
Bob

Hmmmm..
ok thanks for the Transmission advice too.
I just visited a transmission shop for another car ojb , and the guy really did convince me that, spending 100$ on a flush /drain every 2 years /25K miles is essential to maintain the longevity of the tranny.
So that is the last item on my list... my van purrs other wise..
how about the Spark Plugs? any need for them. at this stage. my van is 28K and 3 .5 years old
-------------------------------------
Bob Shuman wrote:

I believe that the plugs are supposed to be good for 100K miles. That said, my 1999 T&C 3.8L had a slight stutter during idle at about 40K miles. After trying other things, I replaced the plugs and wires and it solved the problem. It has 78K miles now, 4 years later and still runs very well.
If yours is running well, then I'd leave them in there. You could try pulling the front ones to see how they look since that is simple to do.
Bob

snipped-for-privacy@registerednurses.com wrote:

they should put in the correct fluid. <:) I'd change fluid about every 30K miles and also flush at 90K miles.

If it's not running smoothly I'd check a few. Check the gap, it may be too wide. Not as easy as on my Concord's very accessible plugs though.
Its was the brake PADS on the front wheel, one of them/out of 4 was worn to the pad linnig. and the metal caliper was lettiing out the tell tale screeching sound. so I got it fixed just in time..
so 28K for the van is a bit early for brake pads.. and the remaning 3 were not that worn out. but got everything changes for 75$. i mean both front wheels
also. I got the fuel filter changed for 50$.
anyone can recommend on the spark plugs/ transmission flush and coolant flush
thanks.
snipped-for-privacy@registerednurses.com wrote:

If one pad was worn dramatically more than the others I hope they checked the caliper to make sure the piston was retracting properly and cleaned and lubed the caliper slides. otherwise it is not really fixed.
nate
snipped-for-privacy@registerednurses.com wrote:

N8N,, thanks for the advice.. now I think that I need to get that checked. who can I go to get it done, without getting ripped off is that called a brake tune up ?
N8N wrote:

the owners manual spells out the maintenance schedule it will save u some coin verses listening to other folks