Brake lights on 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan

It was noticed tonight that the brake lights on our 2000 dodge grand caravan do not work. The taillights, reverse lights, turn signals, and hazards, all work. All three of the break lights, however do not work.
The fuses all check out (lights, ABS, and ABS backup). Either all 3 of the bulbs burned out, or it's the break light switch.
I took out the break light switch, and for some reason, it seems to have 6 contacts (for an on/off switch what's up with that). The brake is on when the switch button is extended, and off when it is depressed. There is no continuity between ANY of the contacts when the switch is extended (brakes on). When depressed (break off) positions there are two sets of contacts, which display continuity. Since there are 6 contacts though, I have no idea what is "normal function" for this switch. Anyway, since the switch is only ~$13, I'm planning on getting a new one in the morning. That is unless someone has better advice that gets posted before the parts stores open in the morning.
You mention nothing at all about checking the bulbs to be burnt out????? Why wouldnt you take out the bulb before the brake switch???
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

All 3 bulbs? It seemed unlikely all 3 bulbs would burn out unless they are in series instead of parallel.

It happens, especially if you don't have your vehicle serviced regularly. If you do have these things checked regularly then yes it is the bulb. Typically those brake lite switches are designed to NOT use them over once you remove them from the bracket. you may even notice that the one you removed is stamped DO NOT REUSE
Glenn

The logic is to check the cheapest (& easiest to replace) things first, if for no other reason than to avoid feeling silly spending money on a part if it turns out it wasn't needed. "Fault finding" is a progressive process, generally starting on the outside (easiest to reach/test) and working in. If you found just one dead bulb, it might lead you to look at the other 2. Even if only one is dead, it oughta be replaced anyway.
I have a 1998 Caravan, same problem. Any results?
--
jkm
Have you checked your brake lite bulbs?

Make sure fuse 11 in the PDC is good, if it is check for 12 volts at the pink/darkblue tracer wire at the brake switch. If it is there, replace the switch..If the new switch has an arm that needs to lock in place after you replace the switch make sure you lock it in place.
Glenn
Was it the switch?
--
jkm
For anyone that cares...I replaced the "stoplight switch," for $12, as olliejk suggested and that was it. Brake lights work.