Brakes binding because of brake pedal

My 1992 Plymouth Voyager recently had a recall where the hydraulic assembly was replaced among other things. When the car came back, the brakes were binding. It was found that the springs that holds the
brake pedal up were knackered.. My experts are really hefty spring on but it still does it. It's not too bad most of the time, and it doesn't go to all the time. I can go driving for 5 miles with no problems at all and then all of a sudden, you can feel the car holding back. If you pull the brake pedal up sharply everything is okay. I have found that going on a long journey, it will do it within 10 minutes of driving and then when you pull the brake pedal up, it won't do it for the rest of the journey. Can anybody shed light on what is going on because it is extremely annoying. Going up hills can be rather embarrassing when the brakes are binding slightly. The Spring is very hefty, I don't see how what putting a stronger one on that will help.

Have the master cyl or booster push rod adjusted so there is a little bit of play. Should have been done when the recall was done.

How long ag was this done?
When the car came back, the

Define this word? knackered..
My experts are really hefty spring on

Lost me here too
It's not too bad most of the time, and it

When this happens do the brake lites in the rear stay on? possibly running the battery down.
I can go driving for 5 miles with no

Have you taking it back to where the recall was done??
Going up hills can be

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
Sorry, my speech recognition program put some wrong words down and I obviously didn't check the message properly before posting it.
To answer your questions. The recall was done in April. Since the garage would not except that the hydraulic assembly was part of the recall, I had to take legal action against them. They have since reimbursed me for the cost of this part. I obviously am not going to go back to them because they are completely useless as far as I'm concerned.
Knackered can mean both broken or extremely tired
The brake light does not stay on
An example, today I went to the supermarket. Everything seemed fine and then within half a mile from the supermarket I could feel the car being held back. It did it on the way home as well. When I got home, I got my passenger to pull the brake pedal up and the car moved freely forward.
Hope that is a bit more clear maxpower wrote:

running
is
If the brakes lites aren't on then the pedal doesn't seem to be in the stuck position? But you may want to look under the dash to make sure all 4 nuts are properly tightened
I guess you didn't want to listen to clare at snyder.on.ca post. The pushrod needs adjusted behind the master cylinder. Or your hydraulic assembly, your master cylinder.. is sticking. The shop put it on and your problem started. The pushrod is too long. You adjust it when you put the master cylinder on. The spring is doing nothing. The master cylinder has to come off, Check the length with the book measurement and/ or adjust it shorter a turn . Put it back together. If it still does it , change the master cylinder. The rear light wont come on because its not activated by the pushrod. its turned on by the brake pedal which is where its supposed to be. the master cylinder is being activated by the pushrod. when he's not using the brakes.... If the lights are off, pushrod adjustment. If the lights are on, when the brakes act up again, master cylinder piston sticking. ..

is
Spring
will
nuts
The ABS Hydraulic assembly DOES NOT have an adjustable rod.
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
What is the part number of the hydraulic assembly they installed? It starts with an "R" number. I think it may have been possible that they installed one for another vehicle. If you can give me that ans the vin number I may be able to check for you
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
damnnickname wrote:

The part number of the hydraulic assembly replaced is R4683474. For your information, they also replaced the ABS control unit 05234025
I am not sure what you mean by "that ans the vin" however, if you mean the chassis number of my vehicle, it is 2P4GH55R9NR616476
Hope that helps