caliber

I need some advice on a choice:
I'm in east-coast canada and about to purchase a caliber or a caravan.
1) Caravan - My dealer is offering a base model mini van with $7000 off
the price and under 4% financing around $400 cdn per month but the gas is heavy and pricey. it will cost $100/month more to fill than the caliber.
2) Caliber - The new dodge caliber is at 5.8 percent financing and no special deal on a 60 month lease. I can get the sxt at 28 000$ / $468 per month or a base model for less ( I think $23, 000) $28 000 seems high for a compact size car ... I would get base cause the financing and features are a killer.
considering-
I puchased my 2001 neon a year after the new neon models where out and I got it at %0 financing and extra features included for free than the 2000s. Should I do the same and wait if I'm going to buy the caliber or will it take over a year for daimler to drop the financing amount if they even do? So that's my question: does the financing drop when the supply goes over the demand, which is not the case right now and I'm paying for it. Should I?
Any advice appreciated. thanks
--
Cheers
PacMan